Wow, when Mary said there was another box on its way, she wasn’t kidding. I’m amazed at the generosity of this last box.
She sent a bag with TONS of goodies. She called it a sock starting kit. But “kit” does not do this gift justice. Just look at the bag.
|Just looking at the bag
makes me happy.
Click to see the contents.
All I can say is WOW! Here’s what’s inside:
- Socks Socks Socks Book
- Socks Soar on 2 Circulars
- 2 Addi Turbo 24″ US#1 Needles
- 1 set of US#1 Bamboo DPNs
- 1 set of US#0 Bamboo DPNs
- Skein of Opal Sock Yarn – blue variegated
- 2 balls of Cascade Fixation in a pretty periwinkle/tan/cream combo
- Knitters ruler – very handy for checking gauge!
- Cute stickers
- And finally, some really gorgeous hand-dyed wool in deep reds/rust/grey/green
I think I listed everything. Can I tell you how perfect this is for me? I’ve been looking for Socks Socks Socks for a while now, but Philadelphia area LYS’s never seem to have it. The book is fabulous! Lacey socks, textured socks, fair isle socks, colorwork, corrugated ribbing. I could go on and on. And I’ve been curious to try the 2 circ method but didn’t have the book. Even the needle sizes were all new – I had US#2 and #3 DPNs, but nothing smaller.
Thank you SO MUCH Mary! You made my week!
I’ve been totally bummed because yet again, I only lost a half pound this week. In fact, at dinner last night with Christy I decided to cheat because I was just so fed up. And guess what? Today I’m down 1.5 pounds since last week. Go figure! So now I’m down a total of 19