I’ve been forcing myself to knit on this every day. It’s not complicated knitting — it’s booooooring knitting.
Saturday evening I finished up the neckline and 3 needle bound-off the shoulders. It looked a little wide so a trial fitting was in order.
I had a small bit of panic because I shortened the length about a three-quarters of an inch to try and account for the cotton stretching out. I also made the sweater about 2 inches wider than most of his sweaters so it would be a little looser and more casual. I was confident both of those choices were good, but major panic ensues when you consider the possibility of having to — yet again — frog this most basic of sweaters.
But I’m happy to report that the fitting was a total success!
To keep the momentum going I already have the cuff of one of the sleeves on the needles. I find if I only have a little bit of time that I won’t cast on something new. I wanted to make sure I didn’t have any excuses for not working on this sweater. I’m doing it on 2 circs to keep the seaming to a minimum.