After a marathon knitting session yesterday, and a marathon seaming session this morning, all that’s left is the hood.
I’m feeling a big relief now that:
- the sleeves are knit
- the sleeve caps fit
- the saddles are knit and look good
- i’ve tried it on without the use of pins and it still fits!
- i have almost 3 hanks left so i can’t possibly run out of yarn
- the only finishing work that remains is to graft the hood — and I like grafting!
Someone must be on my side because I finished knitting the sleeves at 11:30 last night. By the time they soaked and got rung out and on the blocking board it was midnight. I left the ceiling fan on high overnight, and by 6 am they were bone dry. No kidding, they were completely dry.
I’m looking forward to knitting the hood — two “small” cables and a huge span of stockinette. My hands will certainly thank me (I think cabling without a cable needle is harder on my hands).
I have lots more to share about how I calculated the sleeves, but I’ve already taken a 2.5 hour break. I’m still hopeful I’ll finish the hood tonight, and since I still have some shopping to do as well as getting a hair cut, buying a pair of prescription sunglasses, laundry and dyeing my hair myself, I best finish tonight or I’ll have to start crossing things off my list. We leave for Rhinebeck Thursday after work, so there’s not much time left.
The payoff though — a full day on Friday at the cottage with the girls.