shockingly I see a lot of pink, red, purple and green
Have you seen talk about Use It or Lose It on the Stash and Burn board? 13 projects in 12 months – a new one every four weeks. With that in mind, most (all?) need to be fairly small. And given I haven’t finished a garment in over two years that’d be prudent. Necessary even.
Let’s not mention that I didn’t even finish 13 projects in 2012. Logic be damned.
I know myself well enough to avoid pre-selecting all 13 projects. I only finished 6 projects in 2012. If I’m going to have any chance of getting 13 done (plus a few in newer yarn) I need to go with my emotions – and pick projects I’m obsessed with at the time.
But I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t have umpteen projects in mind that might be THE one. And if I didn’t include a few garments (the last two on the list).
- Looped Loop cowl – in Tess Supersock in blues and greens or Noro Silk Garden Light in Blue and Lime Green.
- Ellis Baby Dress in Louet Gems Opal in Pink Panther
- Japanese Butterfly Neckwarmer – in Just Our Yarn Caravan – the wool and camel would be great next to the skin.
- Dandelion Days is another cowl I’d love to knit and wear. And it’s also out of sock yarn.
- Beauchamp cowl also out of 2 skeins of Koigu. This would be a great project to practice my stranded knitting.
- More squares for my sock yarn blanket. I bought 7 skeins of handdyed to start and I’ve only knitted one so far. Here’s the rest. I know that won’t be enough for a full blanket but I didn’t want to buy all the yarn until I made some progress.
- Something out of my Black Bunny Fibers sock flats. I have two – blue/green/yellow/orange and a pink/red/yellow/chartreuse
- (not my) handspun, navajo-plied self-striping yarn. I was obsessed with this yarn when I bought it but lost all excitement for it. I know I’ll love wearing the socks. Here’s a pair of socks knitted up in the same colorway – these were the socks that made me buy the yarn.
- Firefly bag in Burgundy Tahki Cotton Classic.
- Socks. So many socks to choose from. I have almost 100 faved sock patterns in Ravelry, and every day new patterns come out that I want to try. And we all know that I have a lot of sock yarn.
- A pair of mittens out of blue/green Cascade 220. I have so many to choose from.
- A scarf out of doubled laceweight in a textured, rippled all-over cable pattern. I started one a few years back but the color is awful for me. I bought 7 skeins of Tess laceweight in 2007 and have started so many projects with the yarn, but nothing’s stuck.
- Cece cardi in dark red Hempathy
- Cerisara in eggplant Euroflax Linen