As planned I did 10 short rows — 5 on each side.
I did these differently than the ones I did on the black version of this top (remember prototype #1?)
For this version I did the short rows from the inside out, meaning I started with the shortest of the rows and increased my row length on each pass.
I also spaced the wraps 4 stitches apart. One thing I didn’t like about the last version is that I got a more distinctive line than I was looking for. I didn’t want it to be noticeable. The spacing between them seems to have done the trick. I still have a nice straight bottom edge, but it’s much harder to see that the short rows are even there.
And with the completion of the short rows I’ve started ball #3, which means I’m officially further along than I have ever been on this top! I think it’s smooth sailing from here — some waist shaping and a hem. I’m considering doing a little ruffle along the bottom edge (only a couple rows tall) but we’ll see when we get that far.
As for the sleeves, my current plan is to knit them about an inch longer than they already are. I haven’t decided if I’ll ruffle them too or if I’ll go for a plain 1×1 rib to match the top.