All I did last night was look around online for Kepler yarn. Am I crazy? Look at this pile of WIPs (most with deadlines!)
- Red Raglan My short row bust top down square neck raglan. It’s got to be over 90% complete. And I haven’t touched it in over a month.
- An almost finished first knee high. I still need clear elastic thread to go any further and contrary to what you all think, my Joann’s must suck because none of them near me carry clear. So I have to place an order from Patternworks, and I’m trying very hard to not order a bunch more stuff to somehow justify the crazy shipping charge I’ll have to pay for one bobbin of clear elastic thread.
- Drop stitch shrug – I have been working on this one, and I really enjoy it. It’s been getting more of my attention than anything else.
- A ball of Gems to make a single small sock for display at the yarn store I’m teaching the toe-up sock class. Since the class starts September 17th I best get this sock done soon!
- One Sockapal2za sock. One to go. Once I actually cast on I think this will go quickly. I vowed to myself I would not be hastily knitting on this the night before I need to mail it. Go ahead — laugh.
- 2 balls of yarn I bought at Stitches 2004. I have promised myself that I will knit at least one more thing from Stitches yarn before I attend this year. I picked these socks since I think I’ll get alot of wear out of them (I may even be able to wear them to Stitches!)
- Zipo done almost to the armholes. And since it’s in the round that means I’m not that far away from a completed body.
So let’s see. I here are my deadlines:
End of August Sock for sock class (must be!) and drop stitch shrug (because I want to wear it!)
Sept 1st Cast on for River. If I’m hosting the KAL I damn well better cast on on time!
Mid-Sept Sockapal2za and Stitches socks
Early Oct Zipo
So I ask you — if I have all these projects going on, why am I starting a wrap, thinking about November birthdays, and dreaming of a cabley sweater?