Another pair from the pile of socks-in-progress is done. And this one meets two goals. I took notes on sock one so I could reproduce it on sock two. And, I’ve finished another 2005 MDSW yarn purchase.
|matching stripes courtesy of
my handy dandy notebook
|increases and the tubular bind off|
Yarn Regia Jubilee — India Colorway
Needles 2 Addi Turbo 2.25mm (US #1)
Pattern Basic 60 stitch toe-up with a figure 8 toe and a short row heel. I did calf increases so I could make them longer without cutting off my circulation. To fit my leg, I increased 2 sts every 4 rows a total of 8 times (to bring the stitch total to 76 sts).
Gauge 8.5 stitches per inch
The tubular bind-off was fun but took some practice. The second step (when you’re going through stitch 3 purlwise, while stitch 2 is still on the needle) needed to be looser than I originally thought. I had trouble making it loose without being loopy until I started stretching the ribbing after performing each step. I just did a quick stretch and it really seemed to make everything look nice and smooth — and stretchy.
I love these socks so much that I’ve already worn them twice in just a few days. I washed and dried them inside out and they did just fine in the laundry. Their first wash definitely softened them up a bit too.