Yay! My first blog FO! I’m really happy with the way this one came out. Here are some pics:
The Full Front View
The color isn’t right in this pic but it’s still too early to get good outdoor pics.
Like many Roguers out there, the hood definitely needed some massaging in the area of the double decreases. I think I’ll steam it a bit more but it’s much better than before blocking and steaming.
What I Love
- The way the pocket shaping is hidden. The way it stays flat
- The way the hood falls along my shoulders when it’s down
- The fact that I don’t have to roll up the sleeves! I shortened them by 2 inches
- The feminine shaping built in with the cables
What I Might Do Differently Next Time
- Hide the sleeve increases in the purl ditch similar to the neck and pocket
- Play around with the hood to try to eliminate the double decreases
- Do a plain stockingnette hem. I did that on the sleeve and I like it better. It’s not as stiff but it’s also not as bulky.
That’s it! This is such a well designed, fine-tuned pattern. It’s obvious that Jenna puts alot of effort into her patterns.
Now off to shower so I can wear it – all day! It’s supposed to be in the 40s for the next couple of days. I finished it just in time!