I stayed up way later than I should have last night. I’m running on about 2 hours sleep. I just could not unglue myself from the TV. I didn’t even knit. My stomach was in such knots that I just couldn’t even relax enough to knit. I found myself daydreaming about taking the day off in January to go to DC if Kerry was being inaugurated.
While we’re still waiting for an official winner to be declared, I thought I’d share with you a few thoughts.
Things that Make Me Happy or Proud
- NJ remained democratic
- PA did too!
- People in Ohio waited out a 10-15 hour wait just to vote. They understood how important their vote was and they made the sacrifice
- CA passed its stem cell research bill
- Nader did NOT decide this election
Things that Make Me Sad and Embarassed
- To paraphrase Tim Russert – While John Kerry clearly won the debates, it’s not enough to appeal to people’s intellect.
- 11 states passed measures to ban same-sex marriage
- My brother would have voted for Bush yesterday had he been properly registered. I don’t even know what to say to this.