I decided to stray from the original Lana Grossa pattern and do a band of snowflakes across the front.
I was a bit concerned about trying to get that much detail out of the thick and thin Nadia but it seems to have done pretty well! Here’s a shot of the whole front. I still haven’t blocked this piece but it’s already reading pretty well.
I used a Norwegian Star pattern out of Fair Isle Mittens and Gloves. I have to admit that doing the two color work flat (meaning I had to do purl rows, too) with a thick and thin yarn held with a laceweight mohair really tried my patience as a knitter. I’m pleased with the final result but it will be a while before I consider taking on that task again!
I pinned together the front and back to give it a test run. The width is great — perfect in fact! But the length from shoulder to armhole is about 2 inches too long. I must have taken a measurement incorrectly because the sweater measures what I was going for. So I need to frog back a few inches on the tops of both the front and back and knit the neck and shoulder shaping again. It’s not a big deal and hopefully I’ll tackle it tonight. Then all that will be left is a sleeve!