I considering posting my near-done sock #2, but it looks a whole lot like his near-done sock #1.
Instead, I’d thought I’d share with you all some links I’ve come across that you may or may not have seen before.
New Project Ideas
- Sideways Short-Row Seaman’s Scarf — Really interesting technique, and a great way to use just 1 ball of Noro!
- Breast Cancer Sock — I need to make these for my Mom, who’s a 15 year survivor!
- Saxony Sock — While visiting Lisa’s site for the Breast Cancer site I came across these cabled socks. Very pretty!
- Lite Brite — I don’t know why I didn’t notice this pattern when it first came out. It has a solid-colored body, and uses Noro only on the raglan arms. I can get my Noro and avoid horizontal body stripes! Put this one in the hopper for next fall.
Resources and Techniques
- How to test if your fiber is wool — without the chance of setting your house on fire!
- Nicely illustrated knitting basics. This is the site I link to whenever someone asks me things like “How do I do a lifted increase?”. Their illustrations are clear and easy to understand.
- No-wrap short rows — By now you all probably know I LOVE the OzYarn no-wrap short row instructions. I was describing them to my friend Hope and she told me that they’re called Japanese short rows. I thought you’d like to know that.
- Great resource for old lace stitch patterns. Warning — the charts indicate the stitch you’d knit when you’re on that row, not the way it would look on a RS row (the more common way). I find it hard to retrain my brain to knit this way and actually rewrite the chart beforehand.
I feel like I had more than this to share! I’ll add to it if something comes to mind.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
In keeping with the randomness of this post, I have a question about Opal yarn. How do you know which Opal pattern you have? The only thing I see on the ball that would seem to indicate the type is “Farbe 5 Partie 16″. I’ve googled and translated and searched all over the place and still can’t seem to find a way to figure this out!