The saga of this yarn continues, but I’m getting closer people!
I love working out sizing issues, but these are the most problems I’ve dealt with all at once.
- Finished Sizes are calculated with the center cable band overlapping. I’m planning to insert a zipper, so I have to account for that.
- Yarn Bloom is the most drastic I’ve ever experienced. hate the bloom But it’s the bloom that gives the yarn its incredible loft. love the bloom
- Yarn Resilliency or lack thereof. Take a look at this example
That was after stretching it a half dozen times, and not abusively.
Again, you readers bailed me out. Bigtime.
So here’s the plan.
- Knit the fronts, taking into account the lack of cable overlap, yarn bloom and yarn stretch.
- Wash both fronts and see how much they actually grow.
- Stretch them a little.
- Decide how wide to make the back.
- Insert periodic self-doubt and profanity.
The things we do for pretty yarn.