It’s a new year and I want to start it off right. This year is all about commitment and the only way I see making those goals a reality is to keep them in my sights. I want more follow through and accountability for my goals. Here’s my first step toward that.
My goals for January are:
- Finish a pair of socks – I have 2 pairs actively in progress so this should be doable.
- Finish the hoodie for my niece – I’ll admit that this goal is the biggest stretch. I’m making matching Necco Wafer Hoodies for my niece and nephew. They live in Dallas so I really need to get both of them done by end of February at the latest. I’m about halfway done with my niece’s hoodie.
- Blogging – Post once a week here, and post twice a week to my professional blog jodypirrello.com
- Connect with the community – I wrote about this on my professional blog but this is a goal for both parts of my life. I’m commenting a bit more on blogs (especially those who comment here) and I’ve become more active on the Sock Knitters Anonymous and the Stash and Burn Sock Yarn Knitdown forums. I also joined the Philly Burbs Meetup Group. My goal is to attend one meetup per month.
- Working out – go to the gym 3 times a week and do the treadmill at least twice a week.
- Cook healthy meals for leftovers – I want to make at least 4 meals this month that create leftovers. Good food and easy lunches plus saving a few bucks – can’t beat that.
- Continue weight loss – I want to be careful about setting a number goal for each week or month because I believe my success can be attributed to *not* having short term number goals. Approximately 1.5 pounds per month will keep me on track. But, if I don’t hit that number – or even if I gain a bit – I’ll use the following month to course correct. This may sound contrary to my opening sentence about follow through and commitment but it’s really not. It’s about committing to a healthy, life-long approach to weight loss and weight management.
- Post about these goals and next month’s goals by the first week of February.
That’s it for January. I’ve listed several goals that tie back to my 2011 goals I posted last week. If I meet all these goals I will have started off 2011 strong, proud – committed.