It’s that time of year again. I love the planning – yarn, patterns, dreams of wearing the goodies.
This year’s top contenders for my Christmas vaca knitting are
- Snowflake – lace that’s both pretty and tasteful
- Springfield – all-over lace that’s still understated
- Ellery – I can’t resist a good cowl
- Zippity – gorgeous cowl and weekend-wearing perfection
- Calligraphy – how can you deny that gorgeously huge collar?
- Bello – easy-wearing pullover with a lovely cable
- Charleston Tea – cardigan, hood, cables. enough said.
- Cassis – lace details and a big collar
I have 1,500 yards of this beautiful Augergine DK from Mellifera Yarns on its way to me. It should be enough for any of the designs I listed above.
It’s kinda fun when it’s coming from another country – I can’t obsessively check tracking every day to see where it is. I’m forced to not-so-patiently wait for it to show up on my doorstep.
While I was at it, I enjoyed taking it back and looking at what I faved 5 years ago for Christmas 2009.
Lots of mittens and lots of colorwork. What a difference 5 years can make.
I’ll catch you on the purl side…