My Interweave Knits Winter 2006 issue was in my mailbox this evening.
The quick scoop:
- This issue is heavy. There’s a whole lotta projects in there!
- Like always, even though I saw the preview, I’m so much more excited after flipping through the magazine itself.
Favorite Project – Kate’s A Cardigan for Arwen
This project has so many things going for it.
- It’s clever with its reversible cable along the front and around the hood.
- Its namesake is one of my favorie LOTR characters.
- Its hood is pointy in a playful sorta way.
- It’s a cardi so it’s great for layering.
- It’s versatile and will be as nice paired with khakis at work, or with jeans and a t-shirt for running errands.
Remember when I said I might not knit another sweater this year? Well, I’m seeing me knitting this very soon in a vibrant sapphire blue.
Added Later: About 20 minutes after I wrote this post, I came across NaKniSweMo — National Knit a Sweater Month. I don’t have to tell you that I’ve been looking online at yarns since then, do I?