I’ve been struggling with my WIPs. Specifically, the garment WIPs. I just can’t get into a groove with them.
Recently I admitted to myself that garment knitting just isn’t for me. It’s a combo of three things:
- Stamina – it’s so hard for me to stay committed enough to finish the whole top.
- Weight loss – this past week I hit the 50 pound mark, and I still have around 20 pounds to go. Which size do I choose to knit?
- Silhouette and style – Being short and busty, it’s so hard to know what will look good on me without trying it on. Not very practical when you’re selecting the next pattern to knit.
So I decided this past week to just admit it – garment knitting just isn’t for me. At least not for now. And I’m OK with that. At least for now 😉
It freed me to buy some fun accessory yarns this past weekend and to look at some great new accessory patterns
Aren’t these gorgeous? They can be knitted in either fingering or laceweight. With or without beads. Suitable for merinos or blended with silk, bamboo or tencel. Lots of options. I can’t wait to dive in to one of these!
But first I need to finish my Wingspan. I’m done with 5 of the 8 repeats (the pic below only shows 4). It’s a fun, portable project and the yarn has been working up beautifully. I think I’ll get a lot of wear out of it in the fall.
So here are my project plans:
- Finish Wingspan
- Finish the Mother’s Day gift (no pics on my blog until I’m done but you can take a peek on Ravelry if you’re curious)
- Start a shawl (maybe one of the ones above)
- Start a sock
The whole list feels reasonable! Fun, even. I’m so happy to take garments off my knitting plate! I even have a few plans for things I’ve never done before – colorwork (I’ve played with it but never finished a project), a true laceweight project (I did a very simple laceweight shawl but I want to do something more substantial), and maybe even something with beads.
Knitting fun – who knew?