Happy New Year!
I usually do a retrospective on January 1st but I still have 2 FOs to post about so that’ll wait – hopefully this weekend.
For now, let’s talk about 2014 goals…
- Knit more socks – I say this every year. I love wearing handknit socks and I enjoy knitting them. I’ve knit 2 pairs each of the past few years. For 2014, I’m making 4 pairs my goal.
- Get on track with Paul’s pair of socks per year – I was off to a great start and finished Paul’s 2012 socks in February, but then fizzled out. The man puts up with a whole room dedicated to knitting, yarn and crafting. He deserves a little more sock love.
- Knit more garments – I finally knit a garment this year and I even started a few more. For 2014 I’d like to knit 2 garments.
- Use more festival yarn – I did really well in 2012 and knit all the yarn I got at festivals. For 2013, not so much. I’d like to get back to knitting more of the yarn that I buy during the year.
- Branch out with colors for accessories – I’m never going to look good wearing orange near my face but mittens or socks? No problem.
- Add more non-sock weight yarn to my stash. – And then knit with it. I have almost no heavier weight yarn and I’m reminded of this every time I come across a pattern I like for aran, worsted or DK weight.
- Actually knit with some of my self-striping yarn – It’s my kryptonite and I’m in jeopardy of becoming the self-striping hoarder. Plus I really want to buy more.
- Make some of my UFOs into FOs – I have 16 non-hibernating UFOs. I’m fine with a lot of WIPs and UFOs but I’d love to get a few more FOs as well. A little more focus would be a good thing.
It’s funny, when I see them all written together they don’t seem too bad. Not a slam dunk, but attainable (for the most part). I’m also joining Andi’s Knitting Resolutions KAL.
My hope is that the KAL will help me better keep track of my goals and do a monthly check in. I think that’s the key – periodic check ins. Peer pressure from the participants won’t hurt either.
What about you? What are your goals for 2014? Knit more? Learn a new skill? Stash less? Take on a new type of project?
As for me, for today, I’m spending it the way I spend every January 1st – casting on a new project, working on a WIP (or two), cooking a great meal and (new for 2014) baking a yummy treat. I hope you do the same.
I’ll catch you on the purl side.