If you’re anything like me, you have TONS of sock yarn. It’s so easy – just one little skein to add to your cart. And look at all the gorgeous FOs with sock yarn. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that club?
I’m gearing up for the next My Sister’s Knitter KAL – this one is for Sock Yarn. Perfect!
Since the KAL doesn’t start until Sunday I wanted to see what kinds of projects I might be able to make.
Of course there are socks…
- Twists & Braids – total love for the braid up the back – and I think this stitch pattern would work well on a fingerless mitt too
- Skimmer – teeny liners to pad our feet
- Sock Around the Clock – intricate cables and twisted stitches make this one a stunner (and get this – it’s free too)
- Lilac – a mostly stockinette sock that looks like a lot more. I’ve knit that stitch before and it was easy to get in a rhythm.
- Bordurensocken – take a look at the other pics too – this sock has great details on the top and back
- Anna’s – a lovely lace stitch gives this sock some detail without overwhelming the design. It would work great with many handdyeds and solids.
- Centurion – great for leftovers or even a gradient yarn
- Collinear – another creative use of garter and two colors. I think I’ll cast on this one on Sunday. It’s possible I have some yarn on its way to me.
- Scrollwork – love those cables and the stockinette wedges make for some nice rest areas
- Tonnau – another great gradient option and this one works especially nice in warm weather fibers
- Aichmo – yep, another take on the two-color garter stitch shawl
- Aubergine – so yeah, a third two-color garter stitch shawl. Obviously I have a thing for them right now.
- Hidden gusset – creative gusset placement reminds me of Cat Bordhi’s pathway socks
- The Galway – love the intricate cabling
- Zostera marina – fun lace pattern in the new Knitter’s Curiosity Cabinet volume III
- Padina pavonia – simple mitts that would be great for slightly variegated harnddyeds (also from Knitter’s Curiosity Cabinet volume III)
- Autumnal – a lovely cable adds some interest along the mitt
- Transition – you guys know I hate colorwork but these are calling to me. I’m all about the gradients right now
Lots of sock yarn patterns for lots of sock yarn. Maybe you’ll find a new favorite in this bunch. If you have a fave please share it in the comments. I’ll catch you on the purl side.