I’ve been loving projects that use more than one color. There are lots of reasons to love these projects:
- great way to use up partial balls and leftovers
- fun excuse to use an unusual pop of color
- great reason to buy that pop of color (oh c’mon – I know you all love an excuse to shop for yarn. blame me.)
Here are a few chevron designs that have popped on my radar lately.
- Chevron Delight Infinity Scarf – grays aren’t my thing but the design works so well
- Chevron Keyhole Scarf – I love being able to put a scarf on and not need to futz with it
- Chevron Scarf – larger swaths of color make for a more modern look
- Chevron Scarf – this one has eyelets
- Chevron Scarf – overlapping decreases give a pretty aesthetic
- Chevron Scarf – the columns of decreases are so tidy in contrast to the zigs and zags
- Chevrons All Round – the textures are great
- Favorite Scarf Ever – another take on the ubiquitous scarf, this one with a tidy edging
- Garter Stitch Chevron Scarf – no purls!
- Hypernova – Shawl and Shawlette – love the radiating design
- Rumple Scrap – the volume really makes a statement
- Monster Mitts – how fun would it be to look at those all day?
I can see myself wearing any of these patterns. I like the thought of using “my” colors plus something else fun or different. I browsed Design Seeds for a bit of color inspiration and came away with these 3 palettes that are me with a little something extra.
What do you think? What colors would you try to branch out? Yes there’s lots of purple, lavender and pink but also some orange and aqua thrown in too. Definitely pushing me to try new colors and stay true to myself.
I’ll catch you on the purl side…