I’ve been anxious to get Color Affection off my needles. Completing one Rhinebeck project before September will feel so good but my inspiration has been waning. I’ve hit that part of the project where I just want to cast on something new. It doesn’t help that all the new Fall mags have been coming out. Have you seen the new Twist yet? Susanna IC, Amy Herzog, Rachel Coopey and a ton others.
But I digress. I’m writing about inspiration for what I have on the needles now.
First up, 3 beauties in my favorite pinks and purples.
- Muzsi’s combines a saturated purple with a green and aqua. Striking combo!
- Indigo Dragonfly combines a pink and a purple with an orange contrast.
- Edler007 combines pink and orange with brown for a sophisticated take on bubblegum pink.
And then for 3 color combos you don’t normally see on this blog (but that I really really like)
- Ignorant Bliss’ brown, orange and red goes so well with the grey T she paired it with. BTW if you don’t watch her, you should. She makes some gorgeous projects and her photography is so beautiful.
- Christelli’s lime, blue and grey talks to my new obsession of lime. I think I’ll very likely be picked up some lime at Rhinebeck…
- Neulisti NMK’s CA has blue, green and there’s that lime again. Looking at these two projects I think I may need to combine some aqua with my lime purchase
Paging through Rav definitely made me more excited about my own CA. It’s going to feel so good to walk around the fairgrounds wrapped in those colors. And of course, walking around the office or around the city too. I do think this shawl is going to be versatile and well-used. I can see why it’s almost up to 10,000 projects now too.
I’ll admit though – none of this has cured me from the desire to cast on something new. In fact, I have a freshly-wound yarn cake sitting next to the keyboard as I type this now. I need the fix of something new.
I’ll use this post next week to motivate me to work on CA. Promise.
I’ll catch you on the purl side.